Tuesday 22 July 2014

What's In-die Box - All Holo Edition - June 2014

My foray into instagram has definitely been bad for my wallet. It was through my instagram account that I discovered the joy of Australian Indie Polishes. Before jumping into buying a heap of indie polishes, I decided to purchase the June What's In-die Box to get a taste of some indie polishes.

For those who don't know, What's In-die Box is a box that contains 5 different, exclusive polishes,  created by different Australian indie makers, to a theme each month. 

June's theme was All Holo for What's In-die Box's first birthday and OH MY GOSH, I am an indie convert. Anyway, it's only taken me two months to swatch these but they are amazing and I have a full review of each polish below.

First up is... 

Pink Blitz by Peita's Polish

Pink Blitz is a gorgeous barbie pink scattered holo with flawless formulation.The pictures below show two coats without a top coat. In real life it is a bit brighter than in the pictures, however the sun did not want to cooperate so I only have pictures in artificial light and with flash. However WOW! this is one of my favourite polishes from the box but then I am just a sucker for pink polishes.

Pink Blitz Swatch
in artificial light (light box)
Pink Blitz Swatch
With flash
Pink Blitz Swatch


Next is... 

Don't Make me blush! by Glam Polish

I love the colour of the polish. It's a beautiful coral red with one again, an amazing formula. This is two coats without a top coat. I think this is definitely a very wearable colour, as the holo isn't overpowering, and I can't wait to see how it will look in the sun.

Don't Make me Blush! Swatch
In artificial light (light box)
Don't Make me Blush! Swatch
with fllash
Don't Make me Blush! Swatch

And here is... 

Violet Blaze by Lilypad Lacquer

This is officially my favourite polish from the box. Violet Blaze is a perfect linear holo with amazing sparkle even in the lowest of light conditions. I mean check it out in my light box and with flash, WOWA! The swatches below are two coats with no top coat but I could have gotten away with just one coat, the formula is that opaque and holo stacked.

Violet Blaze Swatch
In artificial light (light box)
Violet Blaze Swatch
With flash
Violet Blaze Swatch

This is... 

Queen of the Mermaids by Glittering Elements

This was the polish I had most difficulties with. The formulation was a bit on the sheer side and required three coats for the images below. However, the polish is actually opaque in two coats but if you're not an expert at polish application, i.e. me, you'll need one more to smooth it over. For consistency I didn't add a top coat on but if I was to wear it I would definitely add one and just use two coats of Queen of the Mermaids. I think I only had problems with this polish because I'm still new to the whole indie thing but I think the colour is quite pretty and it will definitely feature in some nail art down the track. 

Queen of the Mermaids Swatch
Artificial light (light box)
Queen of the Mermaids Swatch
With flash
Queen of the Mermaids Swatch

The final polish from the box is... 

Party in The Park by Powder Perfect

This is a dark green coloured linear holo. Like Violet Blaze it just sparkles in any light you throw at it. However the colour is probably just a little dark for me. Once again the formula was excellent with the below swatch showing two coats with no top coat.

Party in the Park Swatch
In artificial light (light box)
Party in the Park Swatch
with flash
Party in the Park Swatch

Over all I am beyond happy with my purchase of this What's In-die box. Unfortunately I haven't been able to buy any since as I've been overseas and am sincerely lacking funds. However if you want to give Australian indie polishes a go, I definitely recommend getting a box. For more information about the boxes check out What's In-die Box on facebook or instagram, or purchase a box directly through Peitas Polish.

I hope you enjoy these swatches. They are my first real attempt at swatching and I'm quite pleased with them. Once again, if you like what you see here, please do follow and comment!

- Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment