Tuesday 26 August 2014

SoNalicious Inspired Edgy Geometric Nail Art

I've already done an blog post about the awesome Nail Stars Melbourne event and said that I had challenged myself to re-create the nails Maria, from So Nailicious, was wearing on the day. Her nails are simply perfection, so I tried my best and came up with this girly version of her edgy geometric design.

Edgy Geometric Nail Art


The polishes used are all by Ulta3 and part of the epic bags we got from the Nail Stars Melbourne event. The base colour is Melted Marshmallow, the the accents are done with Black Satin, Lily White, Violet Rumble and  Lollipop Lilac.

Maria has a great tutorial on her blog (linked above) for this look and everything is freehand with a stripping brush. I'm pretty proud  of how neat my lines are. Yes, there are some imperfections but for a first attempt I'm pretty happy with these. I also really like the colour combination which makes these kind of girly and edgy at the same time!

Edgy Geometric Nail Art

Edgy Geometric Nail Art

Edgy Geometric Nail Art

Edgy Geometric Nail Art
yes I managed to do both hands, winning!
Hope I did you proud Maria!

- Melissa

The original nails by Maria, from her website sonailicious.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment