Wednesday 24 September 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 23 - Inspired by a Movie

Design two for the day and almost caught up with the prompts. For yesterday the prompt was inspired by a movie. Possibly my favourite movie ever is Moulin Rouge, so obviously I did some nail art inspired by that.

Moulin Rouge
This design is actually based off an image on the back of my Moulin Rouge DVD case. Basically everything is freehanded including the lettering, of which I'm pretty proud. The base is two toned, with a dry brush effect to make if look more like red velvet stage curtains thingies, as per the beginning section of Moulin Rouge.

I've only used three nail polishes, including:
Ulta3: Gold Rush Fever, Sizzling Red
Kiko Cosmetics: No. 226

I really like these, so much that this will be my last design for the night so I can keep them on for a few more hours to admire them. I'll get today's design up in the morning, so that I'll be caught up sort of. By the way, today's prompt is inspired by a book, which will be up tomorrow.

Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment