Friday 5 September 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 5 - Blue

Today's prompt for #31DC2014 called for blue nails. It was one of those days where every design I tried failed epically so these mermaid nails are actually my third or fourth attempt at something blue. 

Mermaid Nail Art


I actually quite like how these turned out, despite the number of nail fails I had. The only thing that annoys me about them is that the very tips of my nails are not fully covered with glitter and so you can see my stained nails, Yuck! :P

For these mermaid nails, I used three varieties of blue glitter just for the base:
Miss Shop: Devilish Dylan, 
Rimmel London: Disco Ball 
and an unnamed polish I got in China.

I also used Lily White and Black Satin by Ulta3 for the scales. The sea shell charms are from Emily de Molly and the sparkly rhinestones are from the Born Pretty Store. The scales were drawn using a toothpick and I used top coat to stick down the charms.

Tomorrow's prompt is for violet nails so something purple will be on this blog tomorrow!

Mermaid Nail Art

Mermaid Nail Art

Mermaid Nail Art

No comments:

Post a Comment