Thursday 6 November 2014

Go Nuts for Donuts! Nail Art

The only type of donuts I actually like are jam donuts. However the other day I saw some epic nails with the base mattified and the top left glossy to give the donuts a glazed look. So I decided to forgo my love of jam donuts and create a crazy glazed donut pattern.

Donuts
Don't they just look good enough to eat? These actually make me really hungry for donuts, even though I don't like them. They kind of have a retro vibe to them which I'm totally loving. To get these to be glaze-y and yummy looking, I did the base polish, dots and the donut shapes then mattified everything. Then I did all the icing and sprinkles and left them glossy. Yep yep, too easy.

There is a lot of nail polish used in this so I'll try to list them all:
- Ulta3: Frog Prince, Bright Me, Spring Break, Honolulu, Melted Marshmallow 
- China Glaze: Lemon Fizz, White on White, In a Lily Bit
- Chi Chi Cosmetics: Look at Me
- BC Cosmetics: Shade 26
- Kiko: Number 373
- Covergirl: Toasted Almond
- Born Pretty Store - Super Matte Top Coat
- Glisten and Glow: HK girl top coat

Basically I went Nuts for Donuts! I'm gonna go gnaw on my fingers now (actually I won't because nail polish tastes terrible), but you get my drift. Hope you like :D
Donuts

Donuts

Donuts

No comments:

Post a Comment