Thursday 22 January 2015

Fuzzy Hearts

Well February is fast approaching and the most exciting thing about February is that it only has 28 days, meaning it's over super quickly. This is excellent because the other thing February contains is Valentine's Day, and the sooner we can get that over with, the better in my mind. In my opinion Valentine's Day is over the top and tacky and if you want to tell someone you like them, just do it, and if they happen to like you back, make sure they know you love them everyday. 

I have some Valentine's Day nails right here. I was hoping that the fuzziness, and everything else about them, would make them over the top, just like the day itself, but instead they ended up cute. Well I guess love can also be cute and yet make you want to vomit if you're cynical, so there are right on the ball haha.

Valentine's Day Nail Art


Sorry about my rant up there, clearly I'm one of those cynical people. However if you do want to declare your love for me on Valentine's Day, I'm not going to stop you. Oh but if you do tell me you love me, make sure it includes chocolate because I love chocolate! Exclude the flowers because I just think they're a waste of money.

So these nails actually contain a heap of technique, including glitter placement, caviar bead placement, making my own heart stencils and using flocking powder for the first time. Both the caviar beads and the flocking powder were messy to use but the overall result is worth it. However this is not long lasting, with the little bead things falling off really easy (mainly because I didn't seal them very well with top coat).

Nail polish and accessory wise, I used:
Ulta3 - Lily White, Fruit Tingle and Outasight (glitter placement)
Glisten and Glow - HK girl Top Coat
K-mart Caviar Nails - Rock n Roll
K-mart Velvet Nails - Teenage Dream

And Ta da! Sorry for the ranting! At least enjoy the nails :P

Valentine's Day Nail Art

Valentine's Day Nail Art

Valentine's Day Nail Art

No comments:

Post a Comment