Monday 2 February 2015

Sideways Armoured Ruffian

In keeping with the theme, today's nails had to be pink but I wanted to give them a little edge. I did that literally by way of a sideways ruffian and studs because who said pink can't be edgy.

Sideways Ruffian


I'd like to quickly point out that I'm very sorry for the glitter everywhere in these pictures. Turned out the base pink colour has a very strong silver simmer to it that isn't easy to remove. Speaking of the base colour, it's not a favourite of mine to work with...it looks good in this nail art but it just wouldn't dry for me and it took me at least three attempts to just paint a base. I also didn't bother to stick the studs on very well, I just applied them using the silver glitter, but surprisingly the mani is holding up well.

The polishes I used are:
Powder Perfect - Isolde (base)
Bella Belle Nail Couture - Anchors Aweigh (silver glitter)
Glisten and Glow - HK Girl Top Coat 
Born Pretty Store - Studs (in a variety of styles)

I'm not sure the pictures do this justice. I really like this but I'm liking it a lot more in person. Anyway...more pink/red and stuff to come (are you over it yet? I'm not because Pink/red happen to be my favourite colours).

Sideways Ruffian

Sideways Ruffian

Sideways Ruffian

No comments:

Post a Comment